Necessity of moisturizing a baby’s skin in summer
The skin of a newborn is much thinner and more sensitive than adults. So if a newborn is exposed to the sun, there will be rash and red spots that occur on the skin. Besides, the baby’s skin is not capable of preventing bacterial infection, so we have to be a little more careful when it comes to baby’s skincare.
However, a baby’s skin is naturally more moisturized than adults. To keep the baby free from harmful germs, the baby’s skin needs to be moist. Timely cleaning, bathing, rubbing lotions and powders, and keeping away from the sun keeps the skin moisturized and protects from infection.
When should you moisturize your baby’s skin this summer?
- After bathing, baby skin becomes drier than normal. Therefore, the baby skin needs moisturizing at this time. Especially after bathing with baby wash, the baby’s skin is likely to become dry if not moisturized. So use a quality baby wash and lotion after a bath to keep your baby’s skin moist.
- Due to excess diaper use, there can be rashes in the baby’s nappy region. So after changing diapers, you must use baby rash cream. Using baby rash cream regularly in the nappy region reduces the amount of rash or itching. If you can’t find it, baby powders may be used to avoid excessive dampness. Baby rash cream helps to maintain skin sensitivity. The skin is also protected from fungal or bacterial attacks.
- The baby needs to be cleaned again and again. Especially when you feed your baby, you wipe his face lots of times. It reduces the moisture of the skin, and the skin becomes dry. So use a moisturizer on the baby’s face well before eating, wipe the mouth after eating, and use a moisturizer again. It will maintain the softness of the baby’s skin.
- One or two weeks after birth, your baby faces skin peeling problems. The baby’s skin is the most sensitive at this time. After birth, the baby’s skin contains two substances called amniotic fluid and vernix. After birth, the coat of vernix is wiped from the baby’s skin. So the inner layer of baby skin is exposed. Lots of parents use coconut oil or mustard oil on baby skin. However, if the infant has an allergy problem, the use of these oils can cause reactions to baby skin. So it is safe to use a quality baby oil which is suited for all types of baby skin.
- Many times the skin becomes dull when the body of your baby is dehydrated. At that time, along with feeding water and fruit juices regularly, moisturizers should be used to retain moisture and maintain the skin’s softness.
The baby’s skin loses moisture for a variety of reasons. Repeated exposure to sunlight or bathing, due to allergies, sweating or any other environmental causes, the baby can lose the moisture of his skin. Apart from this, wearing new clothes can cause itching.
Since the birth of the baby, you should take special care of his skin. There is no alternative to using a baby moisturizer. Moisturizing a baby’s skin regularly maintains its tenderness and also protects it against bacterial or fungal attacks.