Don’t Forget To Carry These 5 Essentials If You Are Going Out With Your Baby In Summer
Summer and sun are not ideal for babies as their skin is soft and delicate, and they can suffer from heat rashes and diaper rashes from the scorching heat. As a parent, I understand you want only the best for your child, and if you don’t want to take your child out in the sun, it is understandable.
But, the situation won’t always be in your hand; you may have to take your baby out with you in summer. Moreover, if you have some essentials with you, there’s no reason for you to not be able to enjoy summer with your baby! Here are the five essentials you must keep handy when going outside with your baby in summer:
- Diaper Bag: When I was a new parent, I didn’t carry a diaper bag with me while travelling with my little one and let me tell you, it’s not pretty. You need to always take extra diapers with you while travelling with your baby. Babies frequently defile their diapers, and also, you must change their diapers as soon as possible after the deed in summer, as it can cause diaper rash. You can also carry disposable diaper changing pads for convenience. Another word of advice, keep a baby rash cream handy and use it whenever you put on a new diaper on your baby.
- Sun Protection: Sun protection is the most vital thing you can carry with you while going outside with your baby in summer.
Experts don’t recommend using sunscreen on babies under six months. You can consult with your paediatrician whether you can use a small amount of baby-safe sunscreen on their exposed skin. You can use long sleeves for sun protection. Use a fashionable light hat for your little one. It offers shade in the sun and keeps your baby cool( literally and figuratively). Protect your baby’s eyes from UV rays with sunglasses that block 100% UV rays.
- Insect Repellent: with summer come a lot of problems- including heat rashes, bugs and insects. Insects and mosquitos become extra active during hot weather, so it is always a good idea to carry insect repellent with you while travelling with your baby. Your baby’s skin is incredibly soft and delicate, so bug bites can make them itchy and uncomfortable. You can apply insect repellent on your baby’s skin before going outside; it offers protection from bugs on the road. But don’t apply the repellent directly on their skin; instead, spray some of the repellents onto your hands and then use it by massaging on your baby’s skin.
- Car Seat: I go outside with my baby in a car, and the car seat is a lifesaver. If you drive, then the car seat is a pretty obvious essential thing to carry with you. If you intend to travel with your baby by air, even then, it remains necessary. It ensures your baby’s safety and comfort.
- Stroller and Toys: When you go outside, enjoy the summer weather and let your baby enjoy it too. Keep a stroller with a shade with you when you go outside with your baby on summer days. It makes movement easy for you and enjoyable for your baby.
Don’t forget to carry toys with you. Let it be in the stroller or during travel, keep your baby happily distracted with a toy phone or a toy camera, or whatever your child enjoys the most. Remember, it is important to keep your baby content and comfy when you go outside with them. Their favourite toy can do the trick!
When you become a parent, you only care about the well-being of your precious little one. So you stop going outside with your baby in summer. But with my tips, now both you and your baby can enjoy summer to the fullest!